Versatile Blogger Award
Love it! I was sitting at my computer
studying surfing blogs and I got a notification of a comment on my “Perspective” Post. I was nominated for a “Versatile Blogger” award by “Do Better Always” (don’t you just love how positive her blog title is?) :) Okay hold the cheers and the loud wolf whistles! ;) All kidding aside, it means a lot to be recognized by fellow bloggers. We are out here sharing information, rants, words of inspiration, fitness tips, opinions, recipes, fashion sense and much loved travel additions to our bucket lists! Even when we didn’t know we needed it, perusing through my reading list of blogs I can find many things that lift my heart and inspire me to be a happier and more balanced individual.
Here are the rules of the “Versatile Blogger Award”, three rules have to be followed (in the form of a blog post) if someone nominates you for this award. The three rules are these:
1) Use a few words to thank and appreciate the kind gesture of the person who nominated you for this award and link them in this post.
2) Make a list of 15 bloggers whom you follow regularly or followed recently whom you would like to nominate for this award and list them in the form of links in this post.
3) Tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
Once again, thank you so much – and if you haven’t figured out in one of my top 15 I’m sending you back to Do Better Always, seriously go check her out, I love some of her sarcasm (okay well MOST of if not ALL of it!)
- BEAN! Without Adornment Bean and I met – wow… it might have been a few years? And by “MET” I mean here on the blog, we did a fun photo challenge together without actually ever being in the same COUNTRY together. She’s been posting some amazing recipes.
- Anne Onsøien – her Etsy prints are FUN, but more than that I love to follow her journey and how she always manages to keep a happy tilt to life
- Elizabeth Thomas Photography of Cape Cod – ahhh I LOVE her photography, and I absolutely love my visits to the Cape. If you want some truly beautiful photos, check her site out.
- All Seasons Cyclist – This guy has some GREAT input on riding information, that has actually given me some good tips on gear for my workouts.
- I SO Want to be able to stay at this place, I’ve “watched” through their posts as the plantation has gone from a dream to a reality: Belle Grove Plantation Bed and Breakfast
- HarsH ReaLiTy – I STILL remember the day I saw a comment from Opinionated Man, and thought – “OH this is going to be fun!” I am so glad I didn’t let the title make me snarky, I’ve enjoyed every post.
- Gluten Free Gus - YUMMMMM, nuff said
- Learn about nutrition with me! – Why yes… yes I DO. Another great tasty and informative site that keeps me thinking about what I eat.
- Pride in Photos - I love this lady.
- Patty B- Thoughts From An American Woman - Patty is an Army Mom, she gets me and my crazy life.
- Natural Noshing – hmmm noticing a foodie theme with me?
- SPIDERPUGLIFESTYLE - gotta love it when family blogs. No really, you learn so much about each other. The journey.
- The Broad’s Side - HILARIOUS, seriously. You gotta read her comments on the whole no purse thing with football stadiums.
- LAST BUT NOT LEAST a site that means OH so much to me, Gina left the mall “America’s not at war, we’re at war. America’s at the mall.” -anonymous U.S. Troop – I am not sure how I found Gina, she may have found me. But she touches my heart. Her work to keep troops deployed feeling like the people at home have not forgotten them. Just amazing. She loves the written letter, she gets the need for connection during deployment. I adore this lady.
- Can I add 16? Cause I really love Aimee too:Aimée Cartier – author *intuitive * speaker * dabbler in comedy
- Ugh, seriously last one: Fabulous 50′s
WOW okay that took me a little longer than expected. Okay 7 things about MOI!
1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my husband. No not just a little bit, not just he’s my best friend. But the type of thing that when I was a teen and read romance novels and wondered what it felt like to feel THAT way? LOVE. He’s my partner in this journey of life and I am SO blessed to have someone who GETS me like he does.
2. I really love Yoga. I’m not trying to instruct it, I don’t want to. I just love being in a class and feeling the journey of your body as it flows. It’s truly amazing. And working out? WOOH, LOVE to push myself. I’m 41 and in the best shape of my life, both physically and mentally. I want my 20 year old body back to go with my brain.
3. I do actually LIKE being in the Army. I had a 6 year break, and I missed it. I was a Reservist for many years, and as much as some days when the alarm goes off I seriously wonder about my sanity? I grumble then arrive and love what I do. It’s a challenge and a way of life. And it IS different from being a normal US citizen. Yea we have rights. But we know the Army owns most of them. ‘Eh, it’s okay. I love my job.
4. Oh wow, I’m the mother of a soon to be 21 year old who is soon to graduate college. Seriously? WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN!?? Please someone stop Father Time from his marathon pace. She is amazing, I am totally proud of her. I am thankful that in our family the women are friends, my last visit to California being able to hang out with my daughter and my Mom and love each other for the strong ladies we are? NOTHING better.
5. I am totally terrified of the ocean – well I WAS. :D I went diving in Thailand, overcoming my fears makes me feel like I have opened doors that I used to lean against and fear opening. When I was a little girl – well growing up – I used to go to Santa Cruz every summer. California Girl! But I never got into the ocean, one time I got pulled under by a current. The salt water, the sand, the rip tide – it all terrified me and add to that the oh so popular JAWS movie? Forget about it, this girl was just a beach bum layin on the sand getting a tan. Now? I have dives, and as I continue to battle my fear I still find so much exhilaration in viewing a world I would have NEVER seen first hand.
6. Hmmm, well I am an absolute photography nut. I love taking photos of nature, buildings, floral, and after DARK shots. Oh yea I love low light, hate flash. I tried to be an every day type of girl, but it takes the fun out of it. I’ve been going at it for a few years now and its a hobby but one that brings me SO MUCH pleasure, especially when you get it all right. That perfect shot where you capture a person in real life is what I strive to get to.
7. Hmm how do I close this out? Fitness, Foodie, Foto-nut. OH yes and TRAVEL. I have no roots. Really places are just a location that puts me near the people I love. And that place MOVES. I love going to places, I never thought when I joined the Army that I would see what I have seen, gone where I have gone, DONE what I have done. Really?! Jumping from airplanes, diving in oceans, running crazy fun runs, lifting weights with my hubby, traveling to countries like Romania, Australia, Czech, Italy, Austria, my deployment in Kabul. Look, we have but one life to live. We’ve heard it before, we’ll hear it again. What you do with it is on you. I have chosen to grab it by the short-hairs and live it full. Sure there are times it means that its day to day studies and schedule. But then ….! GRAB IT AND GO!
I hope you enjoy some of the blogs I do, some really great people out there. Have a lovely week, if your in America enjoy your LABOR day ( NO Working I hope ) otherwise if you have to work, eh well, lets hope it is a lovely Brigade run or something with fellow co-workers and you can be like YEA! I love it here.
Signing off and going back to the oh so needed CCNA studies.